St. Barnabas Church Cemetery
Medicine Hat, AB
LEPRECHAUNRABBIT’S NOTES: Observant rabbits will notice the busted cross lying behind the stone base to the right. What can be seen of the cross, has a fault line, possibly the result of vandalism.
The inscription is partially intact:
W.L. & E. NICHOL
BORN MAY 23, 1886
DIED MAR 15, 1887
From the first redible word, the “M” and “R” in memory is overtaken with dried lichens (rust-covered growths) while the “Y” appears to be disappearing from weather damage (rain, frost, summer heat, etc).
In the name, the “F” in Frederick is also subject to environmental damage, as is the “M” in William.
If the upper section was photographed, a comparison could be made between the two halves. How much of the upper section remains intact is unknown, judging from this photograph.
Lichens/ moss pocks the stone face, and the finish is delaminating.