Those that remember my earlier postings know, I am looking for a relative who died in 1970 in Wilkie, Saskatchewan.
My first posting was Monday Madness: Help Wanted (20 DEC 2011). I had a hand-copied/ transcript of the obituary, but the Town Clerk confirmed that she has no record of him buried there!
This had me wondering if the hand-copied information, I inherited with my TAG notes, was flawed.
Then I wrote Wondering Wednesday – Lost: A Dead Body? Since 1970 (11 MAY 2012) Having not heard from anyone, I began contemplating who next to assist me.
Well, today (15 NOV 2012) I have a photocopy of my cousin’s obituary courtesy of Press Herald Publications!
Further details to supplement the above:
Lorne was born 30 AUG 1890 in Dundalk, Grey County, Ontario to Mary Jane ATKINSON and James FARDING. He was the youngest of eight children.
CORRECTION: Lorne was predeceased by all of his siblings:
- Thomas (1939 Innisfail, Lake Co, AB);
- William (1953 Minot, Ward Co, ND);
- Teressia GIBSON (1959 Erin, Wellington Co, ON);
- Albert (1880 Markdale, Grey Co, ON);
- Alice “Maud” McGILL (Harrow, Essex Co, ON);
- Arthur (1918 Battleford, SK); and,
- Jessie DOLLERY (1926 Toronto, ON).
As for the nephew in Vancouver & niece in Ontario — I have no ideas who they could be at this time.
So, the question now is: Where the heck is he?